All students who live, learn, or work in person at the University of Virginia during the 2021-2022 academic year must be fully vaccinated. Students may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement. Students with approved medical or religious exemptions will be subject to pre-arrival and weekly prevalence testing requirements and other public health measures.
- Due By: December 1st, 2021
Instructions + Forms:
Your proof of vaccination or exemption form must be uploaded to the HealthyHoos patient portal by December 1, 2021. NOTE: If you are non-compliant by December 15, 2021, your student ID will be deactivated and you will be disenrolled from all January Term courses and/or blocked from registration.
- To upload proof of your vaccination, login to the HealthyHoos patient portal, click "Upload," and select "COVID-19 Vaccine Immunization Information." Note that uploads must include the name of the vaccine manufacturer and, when possible, should be in English.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Exemption Form: Please do not forget to sign and date your form before uploading it to the HealthyHoos patient portal.
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Religious Exemption Form: Please do not forget to sign and date your form before uploading it to the HealthyHoos patient portal.
- If you are an international student, please click here for additional information and guidance.
Questions about the COVID-19 vaccine requirement and related forms may be directed to Medical Records at Student Health and Wellness (firstname.lastname@example.org).
New degree-seeking students and returning degree-seeking students who did not attend in fall 2021 should review additional requirements related to health status and health insurance coverage here.